While earning my degree in computer science, I took a music appreciation class. They start at the earliest forms of music and work their way to our generation. Our adventure in musical time passed through an amazing composer named Vivaldi. I would listen to his Four Seasons each morning with my kids as we ate breakfast. The second season of the four is Summer. The story behind the music is a man walking through a field and his dog is barking. So listen closely and see if you can hear his dog barking.
Chocolate was our first family dog. We were shocked by her sudden passing from cancer. One of the activities she loved was to go to 5 mile pass with us. We would go there to ride motorcycles and she would chase us until she was foaming at the mouth. She would then reluctently stay by the trailer and her water bucket. I wanted to do something special when she died, so we took her out to five mile and found the most unusual tree. It looked like it was leaning over to comfort us, and then welcome Chocolate. It was the perfect place. A tree just for her (I know Mom can appreciate such sentiment). We still cry when we see her pictures.
4 comments:
Oh, she is so cute.
What a sweet post. You'll be so happy you recorded that memory.
I love Vivaldi too. Especially since we don't get all 4 seasons over here(at least not as pronounced as you guys) so every memory is a blur of beautiful balmy bright blue.
Oh my...that made me cry. How sweet your little family is.
Your BEAUTIFUL red heads give me such a peek in to the future with mine. Your family is so adorable.
Eric,
I read your comment on my blog, and decided to check out yours. It's nice to see another dad authoring a blog. It's great fun.
I'm a huge Vivaldi fan. Like you, I first heard his music in a college course and I've listened to him ever since.
Keep up the great work.
Such a tender post. Chocalate definitly was a sweet dog A little ADD but she was a love! her p;uppy picture is so adorable. Love ya Mom
Post a Comment